Erowid Relies on Donations From Visitors Like You
Blindness
Absinthe
by Faith
Citation:   Faith. "Blindness: An Experience with Absinthe (exp90276)". Erowid.org. Dec 16, 2011. erowid.org/exp/90276

1.5 oz oral Absinthe

I was offered imported Absinthe by a friend with a flask. I had roughly one shot. I went on to have a bit of bourbon and then went to bed for the night.

I woke up the next morning completely blind, and it took me almost 12hrs to regain my full eyesight.

Turns out Wormwood is in the same family as Menthol, which is something I'm mildly allergic to -- Wormwood I'm more severely allergic to. I literally could not see behind the length of my arm all day.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 90276
Published: Dec 16, 2011Views: 10,083
Absinthe (4) : Health Problems (27), Unknown Context (20)