Lucky or Unlucky
Alcohol & H.B. Woodrose
by Sprout
Citation:   Sprout. "Lucky or Unlucky: An Experience with Alcohol & H.B. Woodrose (exp89819)". Erowid.org. Jul 2, 2020. erowid.org/exp/89819

repeated oral Alcohol
  T+ 0:00 5 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose
  T+ 0:30 2 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose
  T+ 0:00   repeated oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine

My first time using HBWR seeds I crushed and ingested 5 whole seeds; it was actually tremendous fun and highly euphoric/empathogenic. my second and last time using these seeds...

I had been drunk all day, and as the evening drew on I thought it might be fun to get the giggles. I crushed and ingested 5 HBWR seeds. After waiting impatiently for a mere 30 minutes, I very unwisely ingested 2 more seeds. The psychedelic effect hit me hard and fast and I was soon lolling about laughing and seeing tracers and bits of color. I thought everything was fine. Unfortunately, about three hours into the trip, it started to get uncomfortably intense and I stupidly thought more alcohol would mellow me out. I drank a few more beers and became EXTREMELY sick. I vomited explosively and lost motor control. All I could do was lay on the ground, with gut-wrenching dry heaves every few minutes. I felt a sensation like corrosive acid flowing through my veins and I realized I had poisoned myself. I called out feebly for my wife. When she came I asked for my friend Tom to come over. For some reason I thought he could save me. My wife was frightened and I was unable to console her because damn it, I was scared too!

When my friend got there he found me incoherent and babbling so he practically carried me to the car and took me to the hospital. I remember feeling like it was too late; I was going to die a pathetic death. The waiting room at the hospital was full, but when I fell out of my chair and dry heaved I was admitted immediately. I was asked questions to determine my mental state and I guess they decided I was too wasted to be a threat to anyone. I told them what I had taken and they sort of shook there heads like there was nothing they could do but wait and flush out my system with intravenous fluids. I lay there for many hours. It was difficult to breathe, and difficult to think, and my heart kept skipping beats. The psychedelic effect had long since worn off. I was simply ill.

I finally went home at about 4 in the morning and took some melatonin to fall asleep. Thankfully, I woke up fine the next day. I have been tempted many times to ingest HBWR seeds again, but each time the memory of that experience fills me with dread and I refuse to eat those things.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 89819
Published: Jul 2, 2020Views: 488
H.B. Woodrose (26) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)