Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Gave Me My Life Back
Paroxetine (Paxil) vs. Clonazepam (Klonopin)
by Yossarian
Citation:   Yossarian. "Gave Me My Life Back: An Experience with Paroxetine (Paxil) vs. Clonazepam (Klonopin) (exp89630)". Erowid.org. Feb 18, 2011. erowid.org/exp/89630

1.5 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (daily)

I had a car accident in 1996. In addition to several physical injuries I suffered fairly serious head injury which left me in a coma for 12 days. Initially I was treated w/Paxil, which was great at the beginning, but after a while it seemed to lose its effectiveness. I spent 12 years bouncing from one ssri to another. All they did was make me not care about my symptoms, they didnt motivate me or help me in any way except to make me numb.

Finally a Doctor listened to me and prescribed Klonopin. Wow, what a difference, I got my life back. Apparently I have anxiety and not depression. BEST DRUG EVER for my circumstances.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 89630
Published: Feb 18, 2011Views: 7,766
Pharms - Clonazepam (125), Pharms - Paroxetine (148) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)