Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
I Felt Extremely Sick
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds
by Allison
Citation:   Allison. "I Felt Extremely Sick: An Experience with Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds (exp89419)". Mar 29, 2017.

6 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose (dried)


One of the Worst Experiences of My Life

In June of 2010, my parents moved to Arizona, and my brother and I went with them to help them move. My parents’ friends also live there with their son, who was familiar with the area. He suggested that we go to an area of town that is a popular hang-out for college students. This guy, who I’ll call Max, is really big into drugs. He was really excited to show us this store which carries legal substances with all kinds of different effects. We talked about it beforehand, and we went into the store planning to buy some pills that were supposed to have similar effects to ecstasy. However, the guy who worked at the store instead suggested that we buy Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. He described them as being very similar to LSD, which I had not tried at the time, but I have tried it since then, and I can say that, at least for me, they are definitely nothing alike. We bought two packs which contained 10 seeds each, and planned on splitting them.

The next day, we told our parents that we wanted to go hang out with Max at his house, knowing that his family would be gone the whole day. We got there around 1:00 in the afternoon and ate the seeds shortly after. I had looked up some information on the internet about how to consume the seeds, so I attempted to peel off the outer layer of “skin” like most website suggested. All three of us did this, but we didn’t do anything else besides chew them up and swallow them. I ate 6 seeds, Max ate 8 seeds, and my brother ate 4 seeds. After we ate them, we went outside and planned on swimming, but we were only outside for about half an hour because we all started to feel sick and dizzy from the combination of the heat and the seeds.

Nothing else really happened for about an hour, and we were all about to give up on the seeds. After an hour though, we all started to feel “different.” I’m not really sure how to describe it, but I definitely felt dizzy and uneasy. I found it hard to talk properly or form coherent sentences. I also felt “goofy,” kind of like I was high or something. I also giggled a lot. I started to roll around on the floor and rub my hands on the carpet and repeatedly stretch out the muscles in my arms and legs. Max’s mom ended up coming home around 5:00, and she offered us some Teddy Grahams and something to drink. It was incredibly hard to chew the Teddy Grahams. I felt like my mouth didn’t work. The drink didn’t taste good at all either.

At this point I was feeling very uneasy and I wanted the trip to end. I didn’t feel like myself at all, and I was getting worried because we were supposed to be going out to eat with my family that night, and I was sure that they would notice something was wrong with all of us. I went in the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, and my pupils were bigger than I had ever seen them, which kind of freaked me out. During all this time, my brother and Max were experiencing somewhat similar things as me, but they both said they found it much more pleasurable than I ever did.

My parents showed up and started talking to me a little bit, but I barely remember what anybody said. I wasn’t even sure if they could understand me, because I still felt like I couldn’t speak properly.
I still felt like I couldn’t speak properly.
Up until this point, I hadn’t really gotten up and moved around at all. I had been sitting on the floor for about three hours. When we got up to leave and go to the restaurant, I could tell walking to the car that I was very dizzy and lightheaded. When I sat down in the car, I felt like it had taken a lot of energy just to get inside of it. It got worse when we actually got to the restaurant. After walking into the restaurant, I felt like I was going to pass out. My brother told me I looked really sick, which was the truth. I barely made it to the table without fainting, and as soon as I sat down, I almost instantly threw up all over the table. Luckily, I was able to keep it down, but I felt extremely sick. My mom said my face was as white as a ghost. She was freaking out because she didn’t know what was wrong with me, but I didn’t even have the energy to speak. I had to lie down in the booth in order to keep myself from puking. My brother was making crazy faces at me and freaking out because he thought I was “tripping out” and was afraid it was going to happen to him too at any minute.

Luckily, Max’s mom is a nurse, and she offered up an explanation without me even having to give one. I am notorious for not drinking very much water, so she said that I had probably gotten heat stroke from being out by the pool all day (which is what we told her we did all day). That seemed to satisfy my mom, but she was still really worried. I kept trying to secretly talk to my brother, but she kept asking what I was saying. I contemplated telling them that I had eaten the seeds, because I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital since I was feeling so incredibly awful. I wasn’t able to sit up throughout the entire meal.

My brother told me that he also felt sick for a few minutes, but then it went away. Max continually chewed on his lip ring, so much that he was chewing his lip raw. My brother kept pulling at his gauges and clicking his teeth. Neither of them could even eat the food they ordered because they couldn’t use forks and the food kept falling out of their mouths. They told my parents that they had eaten too many Teddy Grahams at Max’s house.

Finally, we were able to leave the restaurant, but I still felt like crap. We had to stop at a store to get some things, but I opted to stay in the car. However, my parents were taking a really long time, and I had to pee pretty badly. I decided to get out and go in, but it was a bad decision. By the time I actually made it to the bathroom, I felt like I had just run a marathon. The intense brightness of the store and all of the noise also made me feel sick. When I got back to the car, I felt dizzy and nauseous again.

We got home around 9:30, and I went to bed right away. My parents didn’t understand why “heat stroke” was affecting me so badly. However, even though I wanted to sleep more than anything, and I felt absolutely exhausted, it took me hours to actually fall asleep. I tossed and turned and kept stretching out my muscles, because for some reason I kept having the urge to do it. I also kept rubbing my feet on the sheets. I would say that my sense of touch was definitely heightened throughout the whole trip. When I woke up in the morning, I still felt super tired, and just not really that great. It wasn’t until the next day that I actually felt like myself again.

After this experience, I told myself I was never going to do drugs again. I haven’t kept that promise, but the whole thing did shake me up really bad. I don’t think I’ll be experimenting with drugs that I haven’t really heard a lot about anymore.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 89419
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: 20 
Published: Mar 29, 2017Views: 1,292
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults