New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Horrible (Overdose)
Caffeine (from Guarana)
by clrwk
Citation:   clrwk. "Horrible (Overdose): An Experience with Caffeine (from Guarana) (exp89375)". Erowid.org. Feb 25, 2011. erowid.org/exp/89375

2100 mg oral Caffeine
    oral Guarana

Once, after ingesting some pack of smart-energy-something I found out that had just consumed about 2,5g of caffeine, some pepper, menthol and other stuff that possibly is not worth knowing about.

I must admit that at this moment of my life I hardly used coffee. I was familliar with it`s mild alerting effect but thats all. Regular cup of coffee is about 60mg, I managed to drink at least 40 cups at once... The experience was quite unpleasent, mainly... horrible!

Waiting for tram and later, going home I was looking around me, having difficulity to sit calm. Was very nervous. Then, after leaving tram it began to make me feel sick. My body was like stone, I was sweating much more then ever, felt myself cold and numb. Don`t remember how I managed to get home, but somehow I did. There I had to lay on bed and at least try to calm down. Drinking was difficult, thinking was difficult, moving was totally impossible. For at least 12 hours I tried to fall asleep. Keeping eyes closed was very difficult, when I managed to do so for 5 minutes or so, started do have dellusion of infinite ocean of mercury and it was quite dissociative since I felt then like being in some other dimension. I couldn`t find nothing this surface, being essence of softness and roughess at once.

This dream like state repeated many times this night as I was only able to take short naps for the next few hours, at least 6. I felt sick all the time.

I recovered fully after 1,5day spend in bed. Don`t recomend anyone trying such large amounts of caffeine, its not worth it.

As far as I remember, main compound of tablets was guarana.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 89375
Published: Feb 25, 2011Views: 7,682
Caffeine (11), Guarana (117) : Overdose (29), Hangover / Days After (46), Multi-Day Experience (13), Health Problems (27), Unknown Context (20)