Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Drunk and Off-kilter
Amanita muscaria
by Junglist
Citation:   Junglist. "Drunk and Off-kilter: An Experience with Amanita muscaria (exp8928)". Erowid.org. May 12, 2004. erowid.org/exp/8928

7.0 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (plant material)

My Amanita experience took place on june 12, 2001. I had not taken any psychedlics in some 3 years, due to a major fear of bad trips. As far as these mushrooms went, all I knew was that these were 'different' than psilocybin's. I decided to eat them by themselves (bad idea...they taste AWFUL!!!) with a friend of mine, on a whim at around midnight. I wound up falling asleep not long after I took them. The friend that had purchased these mushrooms took notes on my experience until around 3:30 am...she decided to go to sleep because she thought I had fallen asleep.

Not long after she went to bed, my trip took a MAJOR turn for the better. I wound up having the most vivid and intense visions I have ever had in my life. I thought that I had died...I saw the creation of the universe and other universes. I came to FULL terms with the reality of existense in this reality, as well as other realities. Within a half an hour of experiencing all this, I woke myself out of my visionary slumber. I woke my friends up to have them take better note of what I was doing.

I felt drunk and off kilter. My hallucinations were extremely wild, but utterly non-psychedlic. I wound up going into a complete state of delerium...I was just firing off random words, and was making NO sense, or so my friends say.

I tried to wake up my friend who was tripping, but she could NOT be woken up. She subsequently went for 8 hours without being woken up, and she could not describe her experience for weeks.

It is a brutally powerful non-psychedelic world, and would freak mosa lot of people out. Not for the weak minded...

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8928
Published: May 12, 2004Views: 12,520
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)