Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
I Never Use Opiates of Any Kind
Hydrocodone & Homatropine (Hydromet)
by pyite
Citation:   pyite. "I Never Use Opiates of Any Kind: An Experience with Hydrocodone & Homatropine (Hydromet) (exp89052)". Erowid.org. Oct 16, 2018. erowid.org/exp/89052

2-3 Tbsp oral Hydrocodone (liquid)

This is mainly a warning for anyone considering using this cough syrup. I have had codeine cough syrup in the past and I was used to taking a certain amount when I had a cough.

However, I took a fairly large swig of this Hydromet stuff; perhaps a couple of tablespoons or more. And I learned of the side effects of the other drug they add - homatropine.

I never use opiates of any kind, so I'm not quite sure what to compare my experience with. But within about 10 minutes I felt the 'lean' kind of feeling where I was partially awake and partially asleep. I also had the worst stomachache and headache of my life - which started right away and lasted about 48 hours. I felt like I was going to die, and sort of hoped that I would to put myself out of my misery!

In the morning I took the recommended dose (1 teaspoon) and I felt a little better for an hour or so, but went back to feeling awful for the next couple of days.

I will stick to the recommended dose.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 89052
Published: Oct 16, 2018Views: 1,994
Hydrocodone (111) : Combinations (3), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)