Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Perfect Timing
Buprenorphine / Naloxone (Suboxone) & Alprazolam
by The illustrator
Citation:   The illustrator. "Perfect Timing: An Experience with Buprenorphine / Naloxone (Suboxone) & Alprazolam (exp88856)". Erowid.org. Jul 15, 2019. erowid.org/exp/88856

6 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam
  T+ 12:00 6 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam
  T+ 24:00 6 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam
  T+ 36:00 6 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam
  T+ 48:00 24 mg sublingual Pharms - Buprenorphine
  T+ 48:00 6 mg sublingual Naloxone

[Erowid Note: Because opiate use can lead to significant tolerance (requiring higher doses for the same effects), the dose used by a first time user is significantly smaller than that used by a regular user. It can be extremely dangerous to choose ones dose on the basis of the amount taken by someone else. Overdoses of opiates can be fatal.]

I have been an opiate user (Oxycodone, Heroin, Oxymorphone, etc) for approximatley 10 years and have used them in every way possible: ingesting, smoking, snorting, shooting, etc.

Now I recentley have been on a prescription with 8mg Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone) 3 times a day. Up until now I havent had a relapse for about 4 months but it happened.

It's not impossible to get back on Suboxone. This is how I managed to get back on the wagon from a week long Oxycodone abuse
This is how I managed to get back on the wagon from a week long Oxycodone abuse
via ingesting and injecting. I used approximatley 240 mg Oxycodone both Oxycontin 80's and Oxycodone 30 mg IR's a day for about a week give or take a day. I am also prescribed 2mg alprazolam (Xanax) 3 times a day. I have to say I owe alot of my recent recovery to the Xanax.

So I'm going thru your typical opiate withdrawal but I cant take the suboxone yet to get well because the oxycodone is still lingering in my system and would have adverse effects because of the naloxone in the suboxone. This is where the xanax comes into play. I'm prescribed 3 2mg Xanax bars a day so thats 90 a month. Because my oxy withdrawals were so bad I had to take 12mg of xanax (something I would not suggest doing if you do not have a benzodiazipine tolerance).

Anyhow I took 6mg of xanax at a time, one dose in the morning and one at night day 1 and by the way it really takes the edge off the oxy withdrawal. Day 2 same thing and by the next morning I felt comfortable enough that I waited the appropriate amount of time 2 take my suboxone. I put three suboxone 8mg under my tongue due to my high tolerance of opiates and bam it worked not only was I well but I actually got a bit of an opiate buzz and the best part I'm back on the wagon-thank God. (I would not attempt taking this amount if I was not tolerant or familiar with this drug).

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 88856
Published: Jul 15, 2019Views: 2,349
Pharms - Alprazolam (98), Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Not Applicable (38), Medical Use (47), Addiction & Habituation (10), Preparation / Recipes (30)