Help us reach 20 reviews in 2018! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Definately Not a Drone State of Mind
4-Methylmethcathinone (Mephedrone)
by Tingles
Citation:   Tingles. "Definately Not a Drone State of Mind: An Experience with 4-Methylmethcathinone (Mephedrone) (exp87656)". Erowid.org. Oct 26, 2010. erowid.org/exp/87656

100 mg insufflated 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:45 100 mg insufflated 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)

First, I have to admit that Iím a bit of a psychonaut. But I donít just do hard drugs in order to go out and have fun with friends, smoking dope and drinking is a different story. Anything beyond weed and booze, I take for the mental insight and enlightenment.
Iíve been around as far as hard drugs go but acid certainly takes the cake for me. One of my favorite things to do to enhance the trip is crawl head first into a sleeping bag with just about any John Frusciante album and explore the world with my mind.

Although walking out in the woods and seeing it for real is fun as well. Playing guitar is also a way I keep myself centered while tripping real hard (3-4hits), itís very calming for me. But Iím here to discuss Mephedrone, just wanted to give you an idea of my experience to relate to your own.

I was first turned on to the stuff when my roommate brought home something he called Ďjazzí which I still think makes a decent nickname but you canít do an internet search on jazz and find anything on meph. He didnít know exactly what is was at the time except he kept telling me I was going to be Ďwalking on sunshineí. We later managed to coax exactly what it was out of the guy he got it from but our first night was a journey to the unknown for me.

I bought a gram of the crystal form expecting it to be something like coke or molly, defiantly an understatement. Luckily I started small and didnít blow a .25 line like I might molly or coke. I didnít weigh it but I laid it all out on the table separated it into Ďtenthsí.

T(0:00)-I made a rollie out of a bill and took the first one hard and fast, the burning in my nose took me by surprise. Iíve never had anything that hurts worse, but I got over that real quick once the stuff started kicking in.

T(0:05-0:10)-I could defiantly tell something really good or really bad was coming my way. Moving began to make me chuckle to myself, it was like a slight tingle on my skin almost like a mild dead arm or leg.

T(0:25)-I didnít know it at the time but this is when my first line will just about be peaking, I couldnít help but just rub myself allover anything touching me was amazing feeling. Iíve done molly and never got why people assumed you rubbed yourself down cause it felt good. Not sure if anyone has seen that family guy episode where peter takes some X on his couch and start getting down with himself? Well that was basically me but on Meph.

T(0:45)-effects not as euphoric but still strong. Even so I had a growing urge to re-dose so I did. Not much of a burn this time I think the drug was distracting me from that.

T(1:00)-Second line seemed to hit faster than the first and built on what was already there. I could no longer stand to just sit and watch TV with my buddy, too much energy. I had a hinkering to try guitar, as I said before itís my center, if I can still play then Iím still ok. And I could defiantly play, the drone seemed to make me aware of every little nerve ending, and I could control my movements perfectly. Iíve been playing seven years now, and consider myself to be good, but this was crazy, it was like I could access every bit of knowledge I had picked up over the years. Like I was connected to the world through my music, much like the one brain of mankind feeling you might get on acid, if youíve ever done that. But this feeling just made me want to jump around, so much energy.

T(3:00) almost two hours of straight playing and I felt like I just walked in the room. Wicked time dilation with this stuff. The high was so distracting I would forget to re-redose.

I managed to finish the gram over the coarse of my weekend. Pretty much every re-dose after that the effects would grow weaker. There was a 7-8hour period when I didnít take any at all due to sleep and eating(I forgot to eat too btw) but my first and second dose after my little break came on pretty strong. Not as good as the first time though. I was pretty addicting mentally but I didnít get physically sick after a whole weekend of being fucked up. Although I donít think that is long enough to start a physical addiction.

Hope some of this helps you on your journey, go easy at first to feel it out a few people have died cause of this shit and I can tell you its not worth that.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 87656
Published: Oct 26, 2010Views: 7,960
4-Methylmethcathinone (458) : Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)