More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
A Party Like No Other
Pregabalin
by Nick Valentin
Citation:   Nick Valentin. "A Party Like No Other: An Experience with Pregabalin (exp87072)". Erowid.org. Nov 29, 2012. erowid.org/exp/87072

600 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (capsule)

Before I start, I would like to say that I have tried Lyrica multiple times before this and have found that a good dose for me is 600 mg. Everyoneís body reacts differently, so experiment with smaller doses before moving up.

Yesterday was one of my fiancťís friendís birthday party, which of course I was forced to go to. She was turning 21 and was throwing a crazy party at some bar. The problem? Iím not old enough to drink (at least they let me in.) I knew Iíd never be able to stand this party sober, so I rummaged around and found a bottle of Lyrica they had prescribed to my father. I took 300 mg, twelve 50mg capsules, at around 7, the party was supposed to begin at 8 and I knew it would take between 30 and 60 minutes to kick in.

At 7:45, my girlfriend came and picked me up and I noticed that conversation with her seemed strange. She dislikes when Iím high, so I was trying to keep cool, but I noticed my brain wasnít clicking as fast as usual. We got to the party and I met up with four of my friends, lets call them Neil, Jim, Scott, and Susan.

At 8:15, Scott and I started playing pool. I was doing really well, even though my brain still seemed a little slow as compared to the outside world.

At 8:30, a band came on the stage in the corner of the bar. I felt the thumping of the bass drum all through my body, and it made me smile. I could definitely tell I was not sober.

Between then and 10:30, multiple bands came on and I had the same feeling. I ate a sandwich and drank some cola. There was no drastic high to speak of, just a general sense of ďthis is nicer than itís supposed to be.Ē My girlfriend left at 10:30, and this is when things really heated up.

I mustíve been trying to push away the high because as soon as my girlfriend was gone, I steadily came up until I was drastically high only 15 minutes later.

A metal band came on stage, at which point I threw my dress shirt into Susanís bag and started moshing in just a t-shirt and jeans in the middle of this semi-formal party. The next song, Neil, Jim, Scott, and Susan all joined me. Dancing and moving around felt so good, even though I felt very off balance the whole time. Turns out Neil noticed and asked if Iíd been drinking, which I calmly replied ďNoĒ and kept on dancing.

After the metal band it was about 11:30, and techno began blasting over the speakers about the room. I dragged Susan out onto the dance floor and we were standing there hopping and jumping about for a few songs. I kept falling over, but I was having such a great time I didnít care. Everything was just so much fun, and I was not tired at all, even though Iíd woken up at 6 that morning.

At midnight, Scott and I went to play another game of pool, but no balls were coming out (it was one of those 25 cent tables/play tables.) I immediately volunteered to throw myself under the table and find them. I mustíve been under there for a while because eventually Jim had to pull me out by my legs, hitting my head on the edge of the table. It didnít hurt as much as it shouldíve, as I can see a bruise there today.

By 1, the party had begun to die down. I grabbed a ride with Neil (who had not drank) and once we got back to my apartment I invited him inside. He accepted, and we had a nice chat over a couple slices of cold pizza. I felt it was easier to communicate what I was thinking. When I went to walk him out the door, I stood up from my chair and immediately fell sideways into the couch. My balance had been off all night, but now it seemed I had none at all. I regained my composure and navigated him back to the stairs.

By now it was about 2:30, my muscles ached, my balance was off, and Iíd been up almost 20 hours, but I had a feeling of excitement, like I was anticipating something. As I got back to my apartment, I used the wall as a crutch to get back to my bathroom. After a quick brush of the teeth and wash of the face, I laid in bed, where I sat with this excited feeling for what felt like half an hour or so before I finally slept.

The next day I woke up at 12:30. I felt heavy, and my muscles ached painfully. I still had a noticeable lack of balance; If I turned a corner to quickly, I would stumble and often have to use a wall or chair to stand back up. By 1:30 I drove to band practice and once I started playing I was absolutely fine.

All in all a fantastic, long lasting drug which peaks multiple times. Iím sure it wouldíve lasted longer than the 7 hours it did had I not gone to sleep. Definitely something to do if youíre going to be dancing or moving about, as long as the movement doesnít require any coordination on your feetís part.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 87072
Published: Nov 29, 2012Views: 36,342
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : General (1), First Times (2), Music Discussion (22), Hangover / Days After (46), Club / Bar (25)