Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
As a Sleep Aid
Clonazepam
by Jesse
Citation:   Jesse. "As a Sleep Aid: An Experience with Clonazepam (exp86694)". Erowid.org. Mar 17, 2019. erowid.org/exp/86694

1 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (daily)

I was prescribed clonazepam as a sleep aid. I've had extreme difficulty in getting to sleep and staying asleep for almost 5 years now. Originally I took .5 mg per night, and after about a month and a half, that was no longer sufficient. My doctor bumped me up to 1 mg per night, and that worked well for a few months. I noticed after a little while I was constantly forgetting things. Things like walking in a room, and not remembering why I needed to be in there. Eventually, that dosage was no longer sufficient. My doctor told me that I could just stop cold turkey. However, this was not the case. I suffered from rebound insomnia, muscle spasms, and irritability. It took me about a month to finally ween myself off of it. I wish I had read about its long tem effects and withdrawal symptoms before agreeing t take this on a long term basis.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 86694
Published: Mar 17, 2019Views: 437
Pharms - Clonazepam (125) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Medical Use (47), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Not Applicable (38)