Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
For One Minute I Understood Eternity
Ether
by M
Citation:   M. "For One Minute I Understood Eternity: An Experience with Ether (exp86685)". Erowid.org. Apr 30, 2018. erowid.org/exp/86685

30 ml inhaled Ether

I've always been into anesthetics, so one day I decided to try ether - the primitive but effective choice.

Being a chemistry student I simply grabbed a bottle from the university lab. I took a small plastic baggy and put a piece of ether soaked cotton into it, put the bag over may mouth and nose and inhaled. It hit me in a matter of seconds. The ether dried up after half a minute. By then I was lying comfortably in my bed, starting to loose my vision. I craved for more, so I dragged my body up from bed and poured some more into the bag, this did it.

After inhaling deeply for a minute or so, a sudden revelation about the nature of life and eternity came to me and I struggled to put it down on paper, afraid that I wouldn't be able to remember it after I came to. This record however made no sense at all when I examined it afterwards.

But for once, under ether, I understood eternity.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 86685
Published: Apr 30, 2018Views: 1,329
Ether (131) : General (1), First Times (2), Mystical Experiences (9), Alone (16)