Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Fantastic Falling
Pregabalin
by Philip T
Citation:   Philip T. "Fantastic Falling: An Experience with Pregabalin (exp86585)". Erowid.org. Dec 5, 2012. erowid.org/exp/86585

600 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (pill / tablet)

Iíve experimented with Lyrica before. The first time I did 300 mg and the second time I did 400, both were fun but, eh, not much to say.

This time, I was intent on getting high, and being out of my usual stash of random mind-bending friends, I jumped on that Lyrica. I took a total of 600 mg. I would not recommend this to the first timers of Lyrica as some people have adverse reactions to the drug. Remember, everyoneís body is different, and always respect yours.
From here on, I will use timestamps to break down the high (in military time).

22:00, T + 0:00
Took ten Lyrica capsules (50 mg each, white pills parked ďPfizerĒ, ďPGN 50Ē) to total 500 mg. Then, I opened two more and parachuted them (wrapping the powder in a piece of paper and swallowing, this allows for the drug to hit faster.) This is a total of 600 mg. I know that they take about an hour to kick in, so Iíll flip on some Nine Inch Nails and get back to you later.

22:45, T + 0:45
I went to fix my Xbox a few minutes ago. While I was messing with cables behind my TV I noticed how my balance was slightly off, nothing noticeable about it (someone wouldnít look at me and say ďHeís wastedĒ) but I could definitely feel myself focusing on standing straight while I walked.

23:15, T + 1:15
Iím having a noticeable difficulty balancing. I also seem to have lost a bit of my inhibitions. Lastly, Iím starting to notice that things are slightly more difficult. Typing correctly is requiring me to look at the keyboard, whereas usually I can type staring into space. I know that itís only going to go uphill from here.

0:00, T + 2:00
Right now, I can barely balance, but I have the urge to move about. Music is much more entertaining than usual, and menial tasks have become interesting. Everything is much more difficult, and even changing the channel is a challenge. Iím considering going out with my friends but donít know if Iíll be able to walk across the street to their house.

0:30, T + 2:30
We decided not to go out, but instead started playing call of duty. I failed, horribly. My hand eye coordination is totally messed up, and thinking logically just doesnít happen.

1:00, T + 3:00
The high is very strong right now, a bit euphoric. It makes me want to talk to people about nothing at all, and I have totally lost all inhibitions. The only setback is I can barely walk. Luckily I donít have to drive anywhere. Also, I hear noises that arenít actually there, such as voices calling me or footsteps. Itís like Iím in a ghost story.

1:45, T + 3:45
The high is still peaking. At this point I feel very energetic, but also very heavy. I want to move, but once I start I want to sit back down. Itís very confusing. My balance is completely off and I am constantly falling into walls and my friends.

2:30, T + 4:30
Iím still very, very high and very, very hungry. The high is very unique, and lacks a resemblance to any one substance I have used before. Check the conclusion of this report to read a full description, but it is very fun and very strong.

3:00, T + 5:00
My balance is still drastically off, but I managed to walk back to my house after my friend kicked me out.

3:30, T + 5:30.
I fall asleep, still high.

9:30, T + 11:30
I wake up. I still feel high, but Iím sure that after 11 hours it must be the comedown. My balance is STILL off, my mindset is still positive, but I lack that feeling of wanting to move around. I feel heavy and just want to get back to sleep, but I need to start working.

11:30, T + 13:30
Tasks arenít difficult like they were last night. I can do my job just fine, and my balance restored itself about an hour ago. I still have that ďhighĒ feeling, but itís much less than when I woke up.

14:00, T + 16:00
The high feeling is completely gone; I am once again totally normal.

Conclusion:
This drug is very interesting. It has some aspects reminiscent of alcohol (difficulty balancing, forming linear thought, doing simple tasks becomes difficult) as well as opiates (a ďlightĒ feeling) and ecstasy (wanting to talk/move around). All in all, the high was absolutely fantastic, and the only downside was that hour in the morning where it was hard to walk. Iím sure if you took this in the middle of the day you could be high for up to twelve hours, if not more. Taken at night, it does not make it difficult to fall asleep, and there is no hangover to speak of (just the unusually long comedown, depending on how much sleep you get you could wake up in the middle of it.)

I also wish to point out tolerance to this drug grows slowly. I can take 600 mg one night and 700 the next and be just as high.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 86585
Published: Dec 5, 2012Views: 213,409
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : Alone (16), Hangover / Days After (46), Music Discussion (22), General (1)