Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Mild Study Aid
Mucuna pruriens
by Whiskey McGee
Citation:   Whiskey McGee. "Mild Study Aid: An Experience with Mucuna pruriens (exp86570)". Erowid.org. Jul 27, 2010. erowid.org/exp/86570

Mucuna pruriens

I forget exactly where I heard about the Mucuna Pruriens plant but after a bit of research I found the extract that goes by the name DopaBean. I purchased a bottle and was excited to try it out.

Over the course of the next week I would have a pill every now again, sometimes with coffee and sometimes without, sometimes with alcohol and sometimes without. What seemed to be constant was a slight increase in mental agility and alertness. When combined with caffeine it makes an excellent tool for anything that requires a lot of concentration such as programming.

One night some friends and I were feeling cheeky and we poured 2 pills out and railed a few lines. It was pretty dry and unpleasant but we all got a little more stoked. Probably a mild +1. This could also have been from the excitement of doing something stupid but either way, it was fun.

I probably won't put this in my nose again any time soon but I've ordered two more bottles to help out with work when I need a little bit more than caffeine.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 86570
Published: Jul 27, 2010Views: 11,816
Mucuna pruriens (376) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)