Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
The End of Anxiety
Propranolol
by Lockheed
Citation:   Lockheed. "The End of Anxiety: An Experience with Propranolol (exp86182)". Erowid.org. Jan 25, 2011. erowid.org/exp/86182

20 mg oral Pharms - Propranolol (pill / tablet)

I ran into serious problems in my life at the age of 26. Nervousness at important school and work presentations left me stuttering, gasping for air and embarrased. This led to depression and anxiety about the future and life in general, as I was heading for a career where the ability to confidently express oneself in public would be critical.

I asked my physician to let me try beta-blockers and he subscribed me 20mg pills of Propranolol. Taking 10mg gets me through most days, while 20mg gets me through larger presentations.

No doubt there is a major placebo effect now, since Propranolol gives me confidence in myself, but for me it also has a definite physical effect in that it reduces trembling, heart rate and makes me breathe easier. Before I could hardly hold a cup of coffee if I was nervous, but with a little Propranolol these effects magically vanishes. Really a life-changing drug for me.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 86182
Published: Jan 25, 2011Views: 36,996
Pharms - Propranolol (72) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Medical Use (47), Various (28)