Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Nothing but a Pain
Voacanga africana
by an active psycho
Citation:   an active psycho. "Nothing but a Pain: An Experience with Voacanga africana (exp86018)". Erowid.org. Dec 4, 2016. erowid.org/exp/86018

40 seeds oral Voacanga africana

I was really excited by the thought of a legal high, as I recently have been placed on probation for cannabis possession and I am now subject to random drug tests.

I have looked into a lot of and was intrigued by Iboga. Unfortunately Ibogaine is a schedule 1 drug. But upon further research I found that Voacanga Africana seeds contained either Ibogaine or a very closely related alkaloid. Though very little information is available on Voacanga Africana dose and effects, I found somewhere that said that shamans would eat 50 seeds to go on a vision quest.

I ordered some seeds and got at least a few hundred.
One morning I ate 5 just to be sure that they were not going to be adversely effecting me to the point of being dangerous if I consumed the recommended dose. The 5 had no effect what so ever, which I was pleased since that means they were not going to outright poison me.

So one day, I found my self not pressed with any urgency or any reason not to try these seeds out in full.

I decided to eat 40 seeds, as I thought it better to be safe than sorry. About an hour later my stomach started to hurt. This continued for a few hours, but was largely gone after I ate a meal. There was no noticeable visuals, feelings, or real reaction other than a pain in my stomach. Admittedly I was busy with making phone calls, but I put an hour aside to test whether or not these seeds had any effect. There was none that I could perceive.

Maybe in my future I will try a higher dose or perhaps an extraction method and give it another shot. But as for now I am very sure that these seeds brought about nothing but a bit of pain my gut.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 86018
Published: Dec 4, 2016Views: 2,087
Voacanga africana (49) : First Times (2), Alone (16)