Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Takes Away Withdrawal but Not Pleasant
Buprenorphine & Naloxone (Suboxone)
by mike
Citation:   mike. "Takes Away Withdrawal but Not Pleasant: An Experience with Buprenorphine & Naloxone (Suboxone) (exp85442)". Erowid.org. Feb 22, 2011. erowid.org/exp/85442

16 mg IV Pharms - Buprenorphine
  4 mg IV Naloxone

I have started suboxone treatment 3 months ago after 35 yrs of opiate and benzo abuse. For me, the drug does take away WD symptoms, but is not very pleasant. The sx are insomnia, restlessness, sexual problems, and tolerance, to name a few. Also I'm convinced this drug is as addicting as methadone. I have tried injecting it with no results. It is very expensive to obtain, so my plan is to lower my dose as much as possible, then take my normal meds for pain, hydrocodone, which is a very short acting drug, with a much shorter WD period.

I'm all for the folks that this works for, as I've done several year long methadone stints which worked wonders for my life. The only reason I'm not still on methadone is ... the high cost of the treatment, not wanting to be monitored, controlled, tested, and have the threat of severe WD hanging over me constantly. I can handle the physical WDs from opiates, and have, pob 50 times thru my life. Its the long-term depression and dysfunction that always brings on failure to get clean.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 85442
Published: Feb 22, 2011Views: 7,871
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Post Trip Problems (8), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)