Counterproductive Combination
Amphetamines & Caffeine
by FunkyFreshDude
Citation:   FunkyFreshDude. "Counterproductive Combination: An Experience with Amphetamines & Caffeine (exp85359)". Erowid.org. May 15, 2010. erowid.org/exp/85359

repeated   Amphetamines
    repeated   Caffeine

I am an undergraduate student in my third year now. I've taken adderall and all sorts of so called 'mind-enhancing' drugs for the past 3 years. I have never used them regularly; my rate of consumption amounts to little more than twice a semester. Usually I take adderalls or vyvance for midterms or finals, as well as the occasional test in between. In my long-term experience, I have found that even though I am tired, after popping an adderall or 2, adding caffeine to the mix is a terrible, terrible idea. It adds the jitters and nothing more to my state of mind. The adderall/vyvance causes me to want to do work and study; the caffeine, while it doesn't affect that urge, prevents me from being able to concentrate when I sit down to work because of the jitters. I get the urge to run around and excercise more than anything.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 85359
Published: May 15, 2010Views: 8,275
Amphetamines (6), Caffeine (11) : Performance Enhancement (50), Combinations (3), Not Applicable (38)