Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Not Much Fun
Amanita muscaria & Syrian Rue
by galavander
Citation:   galavander. "Not Much Fun: An Experience with Amanita muscaria & Syrian Rue (exp84988)". Erowid.org. May 7, 2018. erowid.org/exp/84988

1.1 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (extract - 10x)
  6 g oral Syrian Rue (seeds)

Put 1.1 grams 10x Amanita extract and 6 grams ground syrian rue seeds in a citrus smoothie. Not much fun.

About 1 hour later I began to hear a 'bumble bee' sound in both ears. This is a first. The sound persisted loudly for the next couple hours or until I had vomited for the 4th time. The physical sensation was about the same as waking up to urinate in the middle of sleeping off a brutal drunk. Very uncomfortable, dizzy and nauseous. The only thing pleasant was lying still on my back in the dark.

I'm glad I did not 'double' the dose
I'm glad I did not 'double' the dose
. My friend did the same amount and is still sick 12 hours later. I was back to normal in about 7 hours just a little burnt out.

I am an experienced meditator and do not hallucinate easily behind drugs. I generally go for insight or clarity, this did not take me there. Too dark and uncomfortable. Iboga is good.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 84988
Published: May 7, 2018Views: 336
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70), Syrian Rue (45) : Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)