The Strange World of Ether
Ether
by Jay Dawg
Citation:   Jay Dawg. "The Strange World of Ether: An Experience with Ether (exp8483)". Erowid.org. Aug 17, 2001. erowid.org/exp/8483

inhaled Ether (gas)

Finding the ether reports on Erowid a bit disappointing, I wanted to share a bit of my own experience. My employment gives me access to unlimited amounts of reagent grade diethyl ether. It is powerful stuff! Taking (inhaling) it at baseline is the most fun. One first feels a powerful head rush, yet this is only the beginning of the magic. I guess the best way to describe it is that you see ghosts.

I remember one night sitting on my couch and seeing a couple walk out of my kitchen, go into my bedroom, and start making out. Another time I was in my lab and saw a face appear on the side of a five gallon bucket- he burped at me- lol! I've done ether a few times after drinking . . . bad idea. I passed out for good. Another aspect of ether is that it truly is addictive. So, what's this dawg's bottom opinion on ether . . .? I think it is an amazing time if done cautiously and when sober. But as always be careful.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8483
Published: Aug 17, 2001Views: 38,979
Ether (131), Alcohol (61) : Combinations (3), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)