Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Groovy with Energy
Methylphenidate, Alcohol, Cannabis, & Tobacco
by Rainwalker
Citation:   Rainwalker. "Groovy with Energy: An Experience with Methylphenidate, Alcohol, Cannabis, & Tobacco (exp8411)". Erowid.org. Nov 16, 2004. erowid.org/exp/8411

smoked Cannabis
  T+ 0:00 30 mg insufflated Pharms - Methylphenidate (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:00   repeated smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes
  T+ 0:00 2 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
  T+ 0:00 4 shots oral Alcohol - Hard
  T+ 1:30   smoked Cannabis

Methylphenidate (30mg, snorted) Alcohol (2 cans beer, 4 shots rum), marijuana (2 roaches, medium quality), tobacco (3 cigarette

That night I was feeling good already (just got home from a most excellent date). I was at home, comfortable and relaxed, but tired. I started the night by smoking a roach and snorting 30mg of ritalin at about 12am, then I had the alcohol (2 cans beer, 4 shots rum) until 12:45am, and smoked the other roach at about 1:30am. Three cigarettes of tobacco is just an estimate, as I smoked my mother's leftovers throughout the night to aid my buzz (if I don't smoke tobacco very often, it makes my weed buzz much cooler). My body generally felt the same; stomach a little bit queasy from a lot of quick alcohol, and throughout the night I felt a sort of dry tightness in my mouth, especially in the roof, which is typical of when I snort ritalin. I felt drunk...everything was fuzzy and my vision was blurred, but my hearing seemed to be more acute. Also, I had more energy then than I had all day, and probably more than I have had in a long time. I was able to get up and move around where normally (and especially when I'm high) I'd simply say 'Nah, fuck it.'

It was sort of euphoric...I felt very happy, and very energetic, and I had this feeling like everything was right with the world. Also, I watched The Next Karate Kid, and the phrase 'Sun is warm, grass is green' had a strangely profound effect that I can't quite remember. The entire night continued like this, until I went to bed around 5am. I began to feel uncomfortably hot then, and had to fake being asleep as my mother awoke and got ready for work. The ritalin eventually wore off around 6am and I slept from then until 1pm. When I woke up, I had a slight headache, and felt cottonmouth, but the tightness in the roof of my mouth was gone. All in all, it was a pleasurable experience, but I'm trying to find a way to take heavy hits of ritalin without snorting it (the tabs I have are time released, which means little to no real buzz...perhaps I could crush and dissolve in water, that may help). I think the only major complaint I have about rits now that I've used them a few times is that they burn the hell out of my nose.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8411
Published: Nov 16, 2004Views: 24,480
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199), Tobacco - Cigarettes (266), Cannabis (1) : Alone (16), Combinations (3), General (1)