Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Kept Shivering
Absinthe
by just anon
Citation:   just anon. "Kept Shivering: An Experience with Absinthe (exp83571)". Erowid.org. Mar 26, 2018. erowid.org/exp/83571

oral Absinthe (liquid)

I was visiting a friend and found out he had absinthe and he said it was legal in the usa now. He got out the kit and we shared a few glasses of it between the group. I'd say I had about a half a glass to a glass according to those measuring glasses they sell with it. I didn't like the strong black licorice flavor it had, but I liked something about the taste anyway, and I'd always wanted to try it.

I am normally very easily effected by the 'buzz' part of alcohol, and then I reach a sort of plateau very quickly it's hard to get past. With absinthe it was pretty much the same as that, except that starting about an hour or so afterward I noticed my body started shaking. Not huge, terrifying shaking, but about the same amount one would get if they were shivering. And I kept shivering for about 4 hours after it. My friends who drank a lot more that evening didn't seem to notice much, but it was very noticeable when I'd hold out my hands. I didn't have any hallucinations or any other symptoms of anything but drinking alcohol other than that.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 83571
Published: Mar 26, 2018Views: 282
Absinthe (4) : General (1), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)