Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Went to Sleep Disappointed
Nutmeg
by Johnny B
Citation:   Johnny B. "Went to Sleep Disappointed: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp8304)". Erowid.org. Aug 10, 2004. erowid.org/exp/8304

2.5 Tbsp oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)
  T+ 2:00 1 Tbsp oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)

I was surfing the web searching for something new to try when I read about nutmeg beeing a psychoactive substance. There was a party this weekend for my friend's brithday so my best friend Chris and I decided to try it that saturday.

I went to the food store and bought over 3 oz of pre-ground nutmeg for 99 cents. I read that fresh nutmeg is better but pre-ground was all I had.
I took 2 tablespoons of nutmeg at 4:20 using water as a chaser. The taste was not as bad as I expected but still not good.

We then went to the party and after 1 or 2 hours I began feeling a little dizzy. My friend had 4 or 5 tablespoons of nutmeg at 7:15 and I had one more. Between 9:00 and 10:00 I was feeling just like after 2 or 3 beers, dizzy, but far from drunk. It stayed like this 2 or 3 hours and then faded away. I was really disappointed and I went to sleep. My friend didn't really notice the effects of nutmeg on the night of the party because he had a lot of beer but the next morning he was stoned.

I thought maybe I had not enough and I tried again. This time I took 5 tablespoons and waited for the effects to kick in, but it was nothing more than the night before. I just felt a little dizzy and really tired for a couple of hours. Maybe the nutmeg wasn't fresh enough, or maybe I just didn't eat enough. I don't know, but in any case, I was really disappointed and I will probably not try it again.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8304
Published: Aug 10, 2004Views: 3,103
Nutmeg (41) : First Times (2), Large Group (10+) (19)