Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Fun High, Not as Bad as People Say
Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
by anonymous
Citation:   anonymous. "Fun High, Not as Bad as People Say: An Experience with Methylphenidate (Ritalin) (exp82954)". Erowid.org. Jan 9, 2020. erowid.org/exp/82954

insufflated Pharms - Methylphenidate (daily)

Past experiences: marijuana, alcohol, dxm, amphetamine, diphenhydramine.

It all started when I needed to study for semester exams. I looked through the cabinets in hopes to find a stimulant (that of which is not caffeine, ephedrine) but I instead came across my brothers old Methylphenidate for ADD (Ritalin). I read up online shortly after insufflating the crushed up pills. The reports scared me, but I continued to do it.

I used this drug everyday for about a month considering it made school EASY. I used 60 mg a day normally, the highest I went was 80mg, but I had a bad experience. So I read about addiction (Can't recall the source, I think CNN) and decided to quit. As opposed to some experiences I have read online, it was really easy to quit. Although there has never been addiction in my family... But I must say that all I felt was mild anxiety and sleepiness for at most two days. Marijuana helped that and after three days I was normal.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 82954
Published: Jan 9, 2020Views: 747
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Hangover / Days After (46), Performance Enhancement (50), Addiction & Habituation (10), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)