Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Worse Than Heroin?
Buprenorphine with Naloxone
by Tired
Citation:   Tired. "Worse Than Heroin?: An Experience with Buprenorphine with Naloxone (exp82609)". Erowid.org. Jan 18, 2017. erowid.org/exp/82609

Pharms - Buprenorphine (daily)
      Naloxone (daily)

What I'm about to report are the experiences of my own as well as many others within my circle. I know personally many people who have been helped by Suboxone and Subutex, but this is a warning I suppose.
I was addicted to heroin in my mid teens and kicked it on my own. It was horrible, as many know. I don't believe I was ever physically addicted enough to die from withdrawal, but I had the shakes, sweats, diarrhea, puking, etc. for about 3-5 days.

Two years later friends introduced me to Suboxone, the 'orange stop signs'. I should of known from the start why there is a dagger on one side... I thought the high was amazing. I've always been into downers. 'Once you go up, you have to come down. Once you go down, you don't have to go anywhere'. I've been using them for the past 5 years, buying them off the street. My friends I buy them off of who are prescribed have been on for years as well and seem to have no program to ween them down. I've quit cold turkey a few times, as weening myself off never works, and it's hell. 10 times worse than a heroin or Oxycontin withdrawal in my opinion. One full week after stopping is the worse day. Part of the reason is because it's in my system for so long, at least 24 hours I think. It's such a slow process, it slowly gets worse and worse.

Let me wrap up by saying this. I've had many friends, those prescribed and those buying from the street, who have quit Suboxone and Subutex by starting to use heroin, Oxycontin, and other painkillers such as Vicodin or Percocet. Yeah, seems strange? It's true. These things are very addictive. And on top of that, my sex drive goes to hell.

Even taking 1mg per day, 1/16 of a pill, can cause horrid withdrawals.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 82609
Published: Jan 18, 2017Views: 1,341
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Hangover / Days After (46), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)