Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Everything Went Numb
Oxycodone & Codeine
by Alexandre
Citation:   Alexandre. "Everything Went Numb: An Experience with Oxycodone & Codeine (exp82110)". Erowid.org. Feb 8, 2018. erowid.org/exp/82110

15 mg oral Oxycodone
  90 mg oral Codeine
  25 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)

Background: I'm not a stranger to Codeine or Oxy. I initially got both of them prescribed to me after a series of hospitalizations due to a kidney problem. Right flank pain is incredibly painful.

Anyways, I cold water extracted from 3 percocets and 3 tylenol 3's. I took them both at about 12:00 at night. (I also took one Benadryl, 25mg as a booster and to reduce any itching... I read it could possibly happen on doses of codeine)

Normally, I'm an extremely depressed person. I've been suffering from suicidal feelings for some time, and especially during the time I took the drug. I needed an escape

Around 12:15 I wasn't feeling anything so I was a little disappointed. But by the time I finished watching the Simpsons, I was feeling it come on hardcore. I was watching Hannah Montana, and even THAT seemed to be funny to me. I felt super nice sitting, and my head felt light on my shoulders and everything felt surprisingly neutral.

I was surfing a suicide forum I usually go to, but tonight I didnt feel suicidal at all. It was one of the greatest feelings in the world.

I guess I watched Disney all night. I wandered off to bed around 2:00, still feeling pleasant. I pulled up my sheets, and it was remarkably soft. I sunk my head down, and it felt absoloutly fantastic and I dozed off.
I sunk my head down, and it felt absoloutly fantastic and I dozed off.

The next morning, I wasn't really groggy, but somewhat down on myself. All my old feelings rebounded, so the trip didn't really change anything but made me feel awesome for a few hours.
I plan on doing it again next weekend. I wish I could do this all the time, but I've gone through withdrawal with other drugs (Benzos... which wasn't fun) so I decided to not 'self-medicate' all the time with these ones.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 82110
Published: Feb 8, 2018Views: 1,551
Codeine (14), Oxycodone (176) : Unknown Context (20), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Combinations (3), General (1)