It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Disappointing
MDMA (Ecstasy) & Escitalopram (Lexapro)
by Collegestudent
Citation:   Collegestudent. "Disappointing: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) & Escitalopram (Lexapro) (ID 82035)". Erowid.org. Nov 2, 2009. erowid.org/exp/82035

DOSE: 10 mg oral Pharms - Citalopram (daily)
  1 tablet oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

I have been on Lexapro 10mg for about 2 months and took ecstasy this past weekend, just one roll. I did drink a little bit of alcohol, but a negligent amount, and stayed hydrated. I would just like to advise future Lexapro/SSRI users about the experience; I have taken ecstasy 4 or 5 times before while not on antidepressants and this time the roll was NOT WORTH IT. It was not necessarily a bad time, but it was disappointing because everyone with me was rolling hard while I was not really feeling it.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 82035