Review Erowid at
Help us reach 20 reviews in 2018! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
For Heart Problems
by J. D. Tenma
Citation:   J. D. Tenma. "For Heart Problems: An Experience with Kava (exp81754)". Apr 15, 2010.

repeated oral Kava (pill / tablet)

This report details a personal experience that I had with Kava, and the health benefit that it provided.

One day, I was cleaning out the medicine cabinet, throwing away empty bottles, expired stuff, things I don't need anymore. I came across a bottle of Kava stress relief pills. I am under a lot of stress, so I decided to take some. I took 2 pills, the recommended dosage. This was on a Saturday morning. Over the course of the day, I did not notice any effects. So at midday, I took one more pill. Still nothing. I put the bottle away and wrote it off as quackery. However, I noticed something extraordinary: I often have heart palpitations, but over the next few days, I had none. This went on until Thursday, when they returned. So next weekend, I took 4 pills. This time they lasted throughout the whole week. Ever since then, I have been taking 4 pills every weekend, and since then I have had no heart palpitations.

I hope that others may benefit from this information, and I also hope that someone with more medical knowledge than me can figure out how this affects the heart.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 81754
Published: Apr 15, 2010Views: 8,636
Kava (30) : Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)