It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Best ADHD Medication I Have Tried
Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse)
by ADHD Momma
Citation:   ADHD Momma. "Best ADHD Medication I Have Tried: An Experience with Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) (ID 81479)". Erowid.org. Jul 30, 2010. erowid.org/exp/81479

DOSE: 50 mg oral Amphetamines (daily)

I was diagnosed with ADHD Inattentive Type (was ADD back then) when I was 7 years old. Immediately I was put on Ritlan, then Adderall later on. I have been having complaints about the side effects of Adderall (not lasting long enough, irritable, depressed, anti-social) so my doctor recommended Vyvanse.

I was started out on a 30mg dose, which didn't really do much after the first couple days. Just last week my dose was increased to 50mg. I have to say, I love this medication! It lasts all day, unlike the Adderall which I had to take a second dose in the late afternoon. It helps me focus like crazy, the first few times I took it were intense, but now I am starting to get used to it and it is has such a nice, steady, even effect.

7:45am Ingest orally after eating a small breakfast.

8:00am Starting to feel perky and motivated, appetite decreasing.

8:10am Definitely feeling focused and motivated, in a great mood. Don't want to eat at all, but my mouth is very dry so I drink some water.

8:15am Medication is in full effect and I am ready to get some work done. Cleaning, laundry, planning meals for the kids, playing with the baby. Still no appetite but dry mouth is still there.

12:30pm Vyvanse is still in full effect and I am not hungry at all but I force myself to eat a bowl of cereal.

3:30pm Still going strong, I feel great and have accomplished quite a bit. Spent a couple hours blogging and editing photos, now to help older son with his homework.

5:30pm Peppy feeling starting to fade and my appetite is starting to increase. Still in a great mood. Making dinner for the family now.

8:00pm Effects of Vyvanse are now pretty much all gone, I feel a bit restless, but it is definitely chill time.

10:00pm Headed to bed, have to take Ambien most nights in order to fall asleep quickly. Without the Ambien I will usually toss and turn for 30 min or so.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 81479