It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Sleeping Pill Addiction
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Jackie Myers
Citation:   Jackie Myers. "Sleeping Pill Addiction: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (ID 80422)". Erowid.org. Aug 6, 2009. erowid.org/exp/80422

DOSE: 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (daily)

I was given Ambien in 1997 in order to alleviate my insomnia. My insomnia is closely connected to my Bipolar Disorder. When I began seeing commercials for the temporary use of Ambien, I began to question why I was still on it. I tried to stop on my own, but became very anxious and upset each time I went to bed. It's 12 years later and I've been taking 10mg every single night since first being prescribed.

Exp Year: 1997ExpID: 80422