As a Sleep Aid
Diazepam (Valium)
by Shadowman
Citation:   Shadowman. "As a Sleep Aid: An Experience with Diazepam (Valium) (exp80417)". Erowid.org. Aug 6, 2009. erowid.org/exp/80417

10 mg oral Pharms - Diazepam (pill / tablet)

I first experimented with valium recreationally, finding it to be of little interest; the effects were short-lived and lackluster. However, during this time I was in a full time clinical rotation with 15 credit hours of coursework and a 35 hr/week job and I could never fall asleep soon enough to get 7 hours before waking up at 5:30 A.M. Valium proved to be a beautiful solution to this problem.

Regarding its use as a sleep aid, valium is potent; I was always asleep within 5 minutes of snorting it, without fail. Perhaps its most attractive feature, though is the short duration of action. I only needed help FALLING asleep, and once I did, the valium would soon wear off, allowing a normal sleep cycle. It is the only sleep aid that I've ever taken without some degree of hangover.

It is worth noting that I only took valium the nights before I had early morning clinicals, to avoid the risk of dependance.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 80417
Published: Aug 6, 2009Views: 30,199
Pharms - Diazepam (115) : Medical Use (47), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)