Horizons: Perspectives on Psychedelics - Oct 5-7
An event in New York City that examines the role of psychedelic drugs
and plant medicines in science, medicine, culture and spirituality.
Permanent Smile
Kava & Sertraline (Zoloft)
by Japple Juice
Citation:   Japple Juice. "Permanent Smile: An Experience with Kava & Sertraline (Zoloft) (exp79888)". Erowid.org. Jul 19, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79888

3 Tbsp oral Kava (tea)

I have been suffering from a slue of anxiety disorders my whole life. OCD, GAD, Depression all that good shit. I just started taking Zoloft and the initial anxiety is a hell of alot to deal with. The doctor prescribed Xanax which I saw myself building a tolerance for. Then I came across Kava on the internet. I heard about its relaxing capabilities and that it was sometimes used as a substitute for Xanax. Well I ordered some and took 3 heaping tbsp of it with water. Totally amazing.

The only way I can describe it is like being drunk without the discoordination. I didn't drink alot but still got the feeling. I think next time I will drink 6 cups that will probably be more efficient. It's good cause I can't drink alcohol on the Zoloft and smoking weed makes me more anxious. So Kava is the perfect drug for me. It tastes like shit but if you can get past that its really nice.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79888
Published: Jul 19, 2009Views: 48,809
Pharms - Sertraline (88), Kava (30) : Unknown Context (20), General (1), First Times (2)