Beware the Sleepy Mushroom
Amanitas - A. muscaria
by Hatter
Citation:   Hatter. "Beware the Sleepy Mushroom: An Experience with Amanitas - A. muscaria (exp79783)". Erowid.org. Nov 10, 2020. erowid.org/exp/79783

7.5 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (dried)

Last week was Canada Day and I had the day off, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to experiment with Amanitas. I recently purchased two ounces off a reliable entheogen supplier, and since then I have only eaten one mushroom to gauge their potency. The single mushroom was stronger than anticipated, so I was looking forward to a moderate to strong experience.

I ate the mushrooms over the course of half an hour around 5:00pm. I noticed effects at t+45min including euphoria, mild dizziness, and moderate nausea. The nausea gradually increased to a point where I thought I might vomit, so I put on some music and lay down. I became bored so I read the first few chapters of Aliceís Adventures in Wonderland. Reading was much slower than usual, but interestingly it was a very visual experience. Normally when I read I do not picture the events very clearly, but that night I saw very vivid images of Alice chasing the white rabbit in my mindís eye.

Eventually (t+1.5 hrs.) I had to stop as reading had become far too difficult. I listened to the music and started to fade in and out of a delirious and not unpleasant sort of dream state. I decided to let myself fall asleep, as I figured I would wake up shortly and past the stage of nausea. The next thing I know I am wide awake lying in my bed with the lights on and its 3:00am! I ended up sleeping for 8 hours and I don't even remember my dreams.

Upon waking I realize that I am still under the effects of the mushrooms as I feel a slight drunkenness, have mild visual distortions, and my room has a very strange vibe. I am very disappointed in the results; based on the intensity of the come on and the fact that I still felt effects after 10 hours means that I would have had quite an experience, but instead I ended up experiencing extreme nausea and nothing else.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 79783
Published: Nov 10, 2020Views: 269
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : General (1), Alone (16)