Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
I Was Wigging Out
Medication & LSD
by Danielle J.
Citation:   Danielle J.. "I Was Wigging Out: An Experience with Medication & LSD (exp7973)". Erowid.org. Jul 10, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7973

300 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (daily)
  T+ 0:00 200 mg oral Pharms - Fluvoxamine (daily)
  T+ 0:00 40 mg oral Pharms - Ziprasidone (daily)
  T+ 0:00 2 hits oral LSD (edible / food)
  T+ 7:00 3 shots oral Alcohol - Hard

Anti-Depressants and Halucigenics

[might be worth adding the pharms... I find reports of combinations like this interesting. your call, tho. --scruff]

I've always told myself that if I were to use drugs, it wouldn't be something light like marijuana, it would be hard-core, maybe acid or coke. I have never been big on drugs, but I am a psychadelic girl.

Not too long ago, I was in the hospital for depression and anger. The result: 300 mg of Effexor, 200 mg of Luvox, and 40 mg of Geodon each day. Keep in mind that I am making a complete hypocrite of myself by being on all these medications. A couple of guys, who I had met at a party, and most of which have criminal records, calle me up and asked me if I wanted to trip off acid. After serious contemplation, I agreed.

On a Sunday, at about 10 AM, I took a hit of LSD, on a sweet tart (supposedly 2 regular hits, or two drops, as if it were 2 blotters). My trip was very diminished due to my medications, and I am thankful for that
My trip was very diminished due to my medications, and I am thankful for that
. At about 5 PM, I was taking shots of whiskey, I had about 3. Drinking on LSD was great. If I thought I could feel a body buzz before, I was ignorant. I had read as much as I could, but in the end I wasn't prepared. At the end of the night, I was wigging out. I was convinced I was going to get raped within a month, that everyone hated me, and that I was dying from what I called 'seperation of the wrist'. I was frightened. I voluntarily set myself up for yet another mental collapse.

To this day I do not know how pure the drug I took was, and what other than LSD it contained. All I have is the damage, which are diminished coordination, head rushes, poor adjustment to heat, etc. Studies need to be done on the effects of other drugs in combination with anti depressants and anti-psychotics.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7973
Published: Jul 10, 2001Views: 1,325
Pharms - Venlafaxine (191), Pharms - Fluvoxamine (297), Pharms - Ziprasidone (353), LSD (2) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Difficult Experiences (5), Bad Trips (6), Depression (15), Post Trip Problems (8), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)