"This is by far the most professional and well kept nonprofit I have ever made use of. The health information that Erowid provides is unbelievably useful for a massive community of individuals all over the world."
It Simply Does Its Job
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Alexandra Lynch
Citation:   Alexandra Lynch. "It Simply Does Its Job: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (exp79666)". Erowid.org. Jun 29, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79666

10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (daily)

Fibromyalgia is ameliorated by different medications in different people. For me, the 'magic pill' is Ambien.

I don't get high on Ambien, nor does it 'make' me go to sleep. I take it about twenty minutes before I want to lie down, and spend that twenty minutes doing my usual pre-sleep routine. When I begin to go to sleep, I see normal hypnagogic shapes and colors, and slide right down into normal sleep. I can be awakened from it (though I am not very gracious) and wake normally after eight to nine hours with no hangover. I apparently talk in my sleep on it, but having talked in my sleep from childhood, this is nothing new.

Ambien makes the difference between being able to function the next day and being so tired and sore that I can't think straight.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79666