Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
A Relaxing Drink
Catnip
by Angi
Citation:   Angi. "A Relaxing Drink: An Experience with Catnip (exp79491)". Erowid.org. Jun 21, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79491

7 leaves oral Catnip (tea)

I never smoked anything before, and even cigarette smoke makes me cough. So, naturally, looking for another way to get mildly buzzed, I picked a few leaves of catnip from the garden (around 7), and a few leaves of fresh spearmint. I smashed it into a cup, and added honey and poked at it with a grapefruit spoon. After my water came to a boil, I clamped on the lid and waited for the stuff to cool down. The resultant tea was colored like very weak jasmine tea, and tasted very minty.

10 minutes: I got dizzy and quite warm. I feel a bit giddy, and it is quite pleasurable.

15 minutes: General feeling of well being, and it's harder to concentrate - but it's still good.

30 minutes: The feeling of coming down. I feel a lot more relaxed now.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79491
Published: Jun 21, 2009Views: 14,416
Catnip (68) : Preparation / Recipes (30), General (1), Alone (16)