It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Cotton Music and a Swollen Face
Kratom
by P
Citation:   P. "Cotton Music and a Swollen Face: An Experience with Kratom (ID 79456)". Erowid.org. Jun 18, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79456

DOSE: T+ 0:00 6 g oral Kratom (powder / crystals)
  T+ 24:00 12 g oral Kratom (powder / crystals)

I bought 2oz of Bali Premium Kratom powder.

I was first time user, thus I took only around 6grams of powder on day #1. Effects started appearing relatively fast, after 10-20 minutes I started feeling warm feeling in stomach, momentum force when moving head and music felt softer, almost cotton-like. As time passed by nausea started appearing. It was relatively mild, but enough to stick fingers in throat and puke. That night I had extremely good sleep, I slept long and woke up well rested.

Second day experience was significantly worse. I took larger dose, perhaps around 12g. I felt more nausea, no positive side effects what so ever. This was major let down and I simply threw up all powder I had left in my stomach. It also made me sleepy and my face had swollen up a bit.

I will never do kratom again.

BTW: I am unable to cum the day after consumption.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79456