Global Pain for 5 Seconds, Then Liquid Fur
Morphine
by Thea
Citation:   Thea. "Global Pain for 5 Seconds, Then Liquid Fur: An Experience with Morphine (exp79218)". Erowid.org. Jun 5, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79218

IV Morphine

I went to Emergency for intractable back pain, and was given 2 shots of morphine by the nurse. Each time I got a shot, I felt 5 seconds or so global pain, head to foot. Then a warm feeling, like liquid fur, settled over me. In fact, my tactile/hearing synesthesia kicked in, and I actually thought I felt soft, really soft fur caress my left cheek. I felt happy for the next few hours, then lay down for a nap. Normally, I feel depressed and anxious even though I'm being treated for that. The morphine relaxed and elated me at the same time.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79218
Published: Jun 5, 2009Views: 21,443
Morphine (211) : Glowing Experiences (4), Health Benefits (32), Medical Use (47), General (1), Hospital (36)