Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Built Up Over Time to a False-Positive
DXM & Drug Testing
by LancerEvoVIRS450
Citation:   LancerEvoVIRS450. "Built Up Over Time to a False-Positive: An Experience with DXM & Drug Testing (exp79175)". Erowid.org. Jun 7, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79175

300 mg oral DXM (capsule)
  T+ 24:00 300 mg oral DXM (capsule)
  T+ 48:00 600 mg oral DXM (capsule)

Interesting experience I had over a few days that may give people a better idea on whether or not they may receive a false-positive for opiates. The first two days I took a bottle of Robitussin Liquicaps (300mg) each day. Both of those days I took the DXM around 1PM and took a urine test around 4PM; both days I passed. On the third day I took (2) bottles of Liquicaps (600mg) around 1PM and when I got back to the facility they didn't test me that day. The following day I took no DXM and was tested around 5PM and came up positive for opiates. Some people may think it was just the fact that I took a higher dose that last day, but I'm not so sure about that. Seems to me that DXM built up in my system over time to create a false-positive.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79175
Published: Jun 7, 2009Views: 6,844
DXM (22), Drug Testing (59) : Multi-Day Experience (13), General (1), Not Applicable (38)