Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Treats Withdrawal
Quetiapine (Seroquel)
by Durandal
Citation:   Durandal. "Treats Withdrawal: An Experience with Quetiapine (Seroquel) (exp78705)". Erowid.org. May 12, 2009. erowid.org/exp/78705

repeated oral Pharms - Quetiapine

I had developed an oxy and hydro habit, diagnosed bipolar II, and also smoking up a storm (cigarettes). Started on Seroquel for sleep problems when I was trying to score benzos. I now regret that.

I had to quit, and doing it cold turkey is technically the fastest way but the most painful. My legs felt like they were on fire, overwhelmed the feeling in my other muscles, and I couldn't sleep for hours. Took the Seroquel, and I was asleep.

Next morning I was awake and while I still ached, the anxiety, the pains, especially in my legs was relieved. Cravings were reduced, and I started taking little bites of the 50mg pills a day, careful not to exceed 150mg a day. The insomnia totally vanished and I started having these dreams that were so powerful I could swear they were real.

Quitting is never a nice experience but Seroquel definitely helps with withdrawal symptoms.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 78705
Published: May 12, 2009Views: 11,155
Pharms - Quetiapine (273) : Health Benefits (32), Multi-Day Experience (13), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)