Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Caused Chronic Headaches
Syrian Rue & Alcohol
by MaxGXL
Citation:   MaxGXL. "Caused Chronic Headaches: An Experience with Syrian Rue & Alcohol (exp78571)". Erowid.org. Jun 19, 2009. erowid.org/exp/78571

oral Alcohol (liquid)
  1 tsp smoked Syrian Rue (ground / crushed)

I picked up some Paganum Harmala at the local international market and planned taking it with my next shroom experience. One night I came home moderately drunk and decided to smoke about a teaspoon of ground Harmala seeds with out follow the fasting regulations for MAO's. After about 5-10 minutes I started to spin and passed out. I woke up the next day with and extreme headache and I felt very nauseous.

Now it has been nearly two months since the experience and I am still experiencing headaches. It probably doesn't help that I am extremely stressed out with school, but I am pretty sure this experience has cause me to have on and off headaches every day for almost two months. I am a little scared, but I can not conclude my diagnosis until the school year is over, and my stress levels subside. I was considering taking a mild dose of LSD. I have read all about the magic it has worked with migraine sufferers.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 78571
Published: Jun 19, 2009Views: 9,798
Migraines (154), Alcohol (61), Syrian Rue (45) : Alone (16), Post Trip Problems (8), Hangover / Days After (46), Health Problems (27), Combinations (3)