Anti-Anxiety Drugs on the Job
Benzodiazepines & Endogenous
by Humming Bird
Citation:   Humming Bird. "Anti-Anxiety Drugs on the Job: An Experience with Benzodiazepines & Endogenous (exp78363)". Erowid.org. May 9, 2009. erowid.org/exp/78363

Benzodiazepines

Just heard Evan Wright, author Generation Kill, speak about taking Zanax before job interview at Hustler Magazine in his new book, Generation Kill. Funny for me, I took valium and klonapin to get through job interviews, too, before I learned how to relax by getting outside myself and observing the pleasure of being under intense scutiny, a benefit of living, a privilege of being. Not that I am at ease when I don't use sedatives, but I develop a weird detachment from assigning myself a quiet place (attentive to what comes through my senses) within a reality that I need not fear because I am party to its existence and co-author of its outcomes. Hired or not.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 78363
Published: May 9, 2009Views: 25,501
Benzodiazepines (434), Pharms - Diazepam (115), Pharms - Clonazepam (125), Endogenous (86) : General (1), Not Applicable (38)