Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
My New Life
Buprenorphine / Naloxone (Suboxone)
by Kristin
Citation:   Kristin . "My New Life: An Experience with Buprenorphine / Naloxone (Suboxone) (exp77967)". Erowid.org. May 31, 2019. erowid.org/exp/77967

4 mg sublingual Pharms - Buprenorphine (daily)
  1 mg sublingual Naloxone (daily)

I was addicted to hydrocodone for 2 years. I was taking about 100mgs of hydrocodone per day. Finally, I heard a radio advertisement for office-based opiate treatment. This is how I found Suboxone.

I went on this drug in 2008, and have had a couple struggles with staying away from hydrocodone. The thing is, I can't get high off hydrocodone if I am maintaining on Suboxone. I've been on Suboxone for a year and a half. I started at 12 mgs, but have found 4 mgs works fine. It doesn't get me high, but if I take a high dose, around 20mgs, I get drowsy. No body high.

The first 3 days I took this drug, it made me so sleepy and spacy. It took a month for that to end. I was also getting headaches, but that also ended within a month. I do think I'd be using hydrocodone, if Suboxone didn't block the effects of hydrocodone. I'm worried about what withdrawal will be like when I wean off Suboxone, but I have a great doctor to help me thru it.

Exp Year: 2008-2009ExpID: 77967
Published: May 31, 2019Views: 438
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)