Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Surprisingly Effective
Spice-Like Smoking Blends ('Spice Gold')
by MSLoch
Citation:   MSLoch. "Surprisingly Effective: An Experience with Spice-Like Smoking Blends ('Spice Gold') (exp77388)". Erowid.org. Mar 9, 2009. erowid.org/exp/77388

1 bowl smoked Products - Spice-Like Smoking Blends (dried)

As one of many people who are subject to potential random drug testing, the prospect of an actual working alternative to weed was inviting, to say the least. Finding a source would prove a little difficult as apparently the manufacturer isn't ready to sell openly to the US (admittedly, I understand their concern). In any case, I won't list where I found it for sale to the US, but it's nothing a resourceful internet user couldn't figure out.

I packed a small amount into a stone pipe and smoked it straight. The smell was pleasant, and the taste didn't really strike me as horrible. For me, it had little taste at all. It was harsh on the throat, however. I would later remedy this by smoking the same amount via a water-pipe.

The effects took about 15 minutes to ramp up, but at the height of it, the high was indistiguishable for me from weed. I didn't notice any of the adverse reactions people talk about such as pains, anxiety, or 'day-after' effects. Of course, I am not smoking anywhere near the amount I see being consumed in those articles.

The downside, if you could call it such, was the fatigue factor. After about the first hour or so, I get sluggish. Smoking as a nightcap might be where this product shines. I took a caffeine pill 30 minutes after smoking one time and this delayed the tired effects a little while.

Overall, this is a nice product, provided more can be learned about what's actually in it. I'd suggest to start slow to see what it will do to you, as is wise with anything.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 77388
Published: Mar 9, 2009Views: 698
Products - Spice-Like Smoking Blends (472) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)