Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Be Careful of Dose Amount
DHEA
by anonymous
Citation:   anonymous. "Be Careful of Dose Amount: An Experience with DHEA (exp77238)". Erowid.org. Apr 20, 2009. erowid.org/exp/77238

12 mg oral DHEA (daily)

I took twelve mg of DHEA per day for five days. The first two to three days were great! I felt a lot of energy and wanted to tell the world about this great supplement. Then, I got really, really sick. I felt just terrible for days until I stopped... then I gradually returned to normal.

I did some reading and found that lots of people have problems with the dosages that are commonly sold over the counter. (fifty, twenty five or even a hundred mgs are sold here in Minnesota). I did try again with five mgs and the same thing happened except I didn't get AS sick as before. For me, I think this is a supplement that I can take only occasionally for energy but not on consecutive days.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 77238
Published: Apr 20, 2009Views: 26,360
DHEA (171) : Difficult Experiences (5), General (1), Various (28)