Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Direct and Energetic
Leonotis nepetaefolia
by Satanic Dish Washer
Citation:   Satanic Dish Washer. "Direct and Energetic: An Experience with Leonotis nepetaefolia (exp76407)". Erowid.org. Sep 5, 2018. erowid.org/exp/76407

2 joints/cigs smoked Leonotis nepetaefolia (flowers)

I've been looking for a good psychoactive plant to grow in my yard this spring, so I decided to experiment with some wild dagga flowers. I bought a fourth of an ounce for about 10 bucks, and it finally came in the mail today. The flowers are small, orange, and tubular, and they have a flowery-cherry smell to them, which perfectly matched their color.

I crumbled them up and put them into 2 joints and smoked them. They burn pretty quickly and easily, and the smoke is a little heavy but not too bad. I begin to feel the effects 10 min later.

I should've known that the high from the flowers was gonna be exactly like the smell and color of them - direct, energetic, and up-lifting. The high was about half as strong as pot, and it invigorated me with energy and lifted my mood up; I felt like I had to get up and start dancing (which I did!). The effects lasted for about an hour.

All in all, I would rate wild dagga as a good, legal recreational herb. Its good to smoke with buddies, at a party, or doing basic work. However, I wouldn't smoke it for relaxation (I leave that to the weed!).

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 76407
Published: Sep 5, 2018Views: 281
Leonotis nepetaefolia (371) : First Times (2), Retrospective / Summary (11), Alone (16)