Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $250 +, support accurate drug info, and get a
beautiful Huichol yarn painting, made by local artists in Mexico.
They're fabulous gifts! (8, 12 & 24 inch sizes available.)
A Surprising High
Greater Celandine
by Xephyr
Citation:   Xephyr. "A Surprising High: An Experience with Greater Celandine (exp75931)". Erowid.org. Apr 6, 2012. erowid.org/exp/75931

repeated smoked Products - Other Cannabis-Like Smoking Blends

Aside from my psychonautic journeys, my only regular drug is a bit of MJ when I'm feel particularly stressed. However, I've been unemployed for a few weeks now, and had the need for a much cheaper alternative.

I went to a local herb shop, to find a cheaper, legal alternative. Amongst the usual ones such as damiana and catnip, I saw a bag marked Greater Celandine. It was only $20 AUD for 100 grams, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I got home, and made a rollup. I followed the advice of the store owner, and also used a filter - she told me it's sometimes harsh on the lungs. After taking my first puff, I noticed an effect almost instantly. I also noticed that with the filter, it was a very smooth, and tasted pleasant. It made me feel much calmer, and gave an unusual high... the best way to describe it is a marijuana high, except without body-lock effects. I stood up, and the feeling immediately diminished.

I finished off the joint, and had the same effects, only much stronger. Not nearly as strong as marijuana, but I was still suprised at how effective it was. After a few minutes, I rolled another joint and smoked it. By the end of the joint, I was completely calm, had slight visual distortions, and felt very, very good. After about 30 minutes, this had faded... so I rolled one more, and made it last for an hour.

Nowadays, I actually prefer this over pot. It has a very strong effect for a legal herb, it's cheap, and it lasts a decent amount of time - the only downside is it weakens if I move.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 75931
Published: Apr 6, 2012Views: 788
Products - Other Cannabis-Like Smoking Blends (485) : Alone (16), First Times (2)