Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
It Has Saved My Life
Morphine ER
by MorophineChick
Citation:   MorophineChick. "It Has Saved My Life: An Experience with Morphine ER (exp75716)". Erowid.org. Aug 30, 2017. erowid.org/exp/75716

180 mg oral Morphine (daily)

I am on Morphine Extended Release 60mg pills 3 times daily as well as Morphine Immediate Release 15mg pills 2 times daily.

I have been on Morphine this time around for a year and a half. I have been on pain meds off and on since age 12 and I am 27 now for arthritis pain and muscle pain/ general wide spread pain which comes and goes on my entire body which my doctors have labeled as central pain syndrome. I have been in severe physical pain for a very long time, my earliest memory of pain was about age 8. I have been on every pain med known to mankind.

Although Morphine hasnt relieved my pain the best it dose help me alot. If it wasnt for the Morphine I take I wouldnt walk. There are side effects, the ones I notice are sweating.... I get warm and sweat alot more then most, especially on days that I am in pain and have to take extra Morphine. The warm feeling and sweating seems to get real bad. I also have stomach discomfort. My friends and a few close relatives complain that I cant concentrate, however it dosent bother me much. Maybe if I give them a bit of my morphine it wont bug them either, haha.

There can be/is much good that comes of Morphine use.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 75716
Published: Aug 30, 2017Views: 1,750
Morphine (211) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)