Support Erowid Center with a $50 Donation
And get a blacklight-inked "Erologo" t-shirt!
Intense Nausea
Poppies - Opium & Cigarettes
by Nathaniel
Citation:   Nathaniel. "Intense Nausea: An Experience with Poppies - Opium & Cigarettes (exp75499)". Erowid.org. Oct 17, 2018. erowid.org/exp/75499

7 pods oral Poppies - Opium (tea)
  2 hits smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

At the time of this experience, I drank a 7-pod glass of poppy pod tea at least once a week. I was also a habitual cigarette smoker. I had never experienced nausea from poppy pod tea and would often smoke cigarettes during my pod experience. Until one day…

An hour after drinking my 7-pod glass of tea, I was moderately high and I went out to the deck to smoke a cigarette. I sat down on a chair and lit up. I took one quick drag to get the cigarette lit, exhaled, and immediately took a longer drag. I started to feel a bit dizzy, but I stupidly thought nothing of it, even though I had never felt that way. Then the phone rang from inside the house. I stood up to go answer it, but upon standing the dizziness immediately multiplied and I felt nauseous
upon standing the dizziness immediately multiplied and I felt nauseous
. I quickly thought “Maybe I should go to bathroom after answering the phone, just in case it gets worse.” Well it got A LOT worse, right after I finished that exact thought. Unlike normal nausea that creeps up on me gradually, this wave of nausea came on so suddenly and intensely that I had no time to turn my head towards the kitchen sink behind me and ended up spewing all over the floor.

I think this was mostly a result of getting a nicotine rush while on poppy pod tea.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 75499
Published: Oct 17, 2018Views: 580
Poppies - Opium (43), Tobacco - Cigarettes (266) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)