Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Never Trick Anyone With This
Salvia divinorum
by Tricked
Citation:   Tricked. "Never Trick Anyone With This: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp7521)". Erowid.org. Jun 4, 2003. erowid.org/exp/7521

1 hit smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 5x)

At my 20 year reunion, there was a classmate that found it amazing to trick people into smoking this telling them it was weed.

A good friend of mine Greg, my wife and I rented the Presidential Suite and the adjacent room for this reunion. It was a huge main room area and after the reunion we had a bunch of people come up a party for a while. At about 4am everyone had left except for my partner and I along with two other classmates. One we'll call them Tony and Manual. They both stayed and we where still partying. Tony pulled out some stash and ask if we wanted some. Sure sounds great.

Greg took the first hit and it was a small one. I didn't notice anything strange. I was soon to find out things weren't normal at all. Being simply cautious I had ask Tony point-blank, 'Is this just regular weed'. He said yes but it's really good. I ask him to explain that and he insisted that it's nothing but bud. So I took a pretty good size hit. Typically thats all I would ever require and I'm set up. Which happens maybe once a year! Then next thing I know I'm comming to, still sitting on my bar stool. I can't see. I can't feel my body. I could hear voices and I was somewhat cognasant. I remember saying 'Greg whats happening to me' He said, 'Tom are you okay whats wrong' Then I remember Tony saying 'It's alright Tommy, It will only last a few minites. Just Relax'.

I was basically floating around the room using my mind as a vehicle...' I managed to lean forward and rest my chest on the bar. I opened my eyes and thats when the visual hallucinations started. If you've ever won a game of solitare on the PC and the cards all jump out at you, that best describes what everything in the room including my extremities was doing. With most of my mind fairly intact I knew what was happening. I had been drugged. I yelled at Tony, 'What the fuck did you give me! What do you want from me' I was afraid. I didn't know if I was overdosing on something and about to die. If he was going to rob me, fuck me, rape my wife or what. Thats why I struggled to get to my feet. I was mad as hell and couldn't do anything to defend myself or my wife. I did stand up holding on to the bar I tried to move my legs but they felt like a flag in the wind.

Still I pressed on determined to get my hands on him. By the time I reached the end of the bar I started to regain some feeling and the visual hallucinations began to stop. But it wasn't over yet. What Tony didn't count on was that each individual has different reactions to this drug, I've since learned. I guess that my determination, combined with fear imagination and altered state of mind literally gave me some kind of super human strengh and rage. I was not myself. I grabbed Tony by the throat and placed him firmly against the wall. I could have easily crushed his throat. I demanded that he tell me what I was on. He refused. Begging me to calm done and let him go. I told him I was going to kill him if he didn't tell me. Still he refused. At that point Manual ran around the bar tried to pull me off of Tony. I reached over and grabbed him by the throat and placed him right next to Tony. They both started to overpower me and I was being forced back all the while still holding on to them. I am not making this up.

Manual said 'you can't take the both of us. You need to relax.' I wanted so bad to not be overpowered that I went into a trance-like state. I was like I was in a room with myself. Myself told myself that there is the power. You just have to dig it up. So I said to myself 'okay I want it, so I dug it up' I think that really was a way of finding the strentgh to do something that you normally couldn't do. I don't know but here I am a 5'6' 150 pound guy. I had a grown man in each hand and with Greg as my witness I placed them right back against the wall and wouldn't let go. They could not make me.

At that point My wife woke up and came running into the room. She had no idea what was happening. Only that she'd never seen her husband in such a rage. She started throwing up. She didn't have anything to drink that evening it's just a weak stomach I guess. So I dropped them both. I tried to explain to Cindy what was wrong but she just kept screaming. I turned back to Tony and yelled several more times 'What the FUCK did you give me' He wouldn't answer. So I gave him a quick tour of the Emergency room.

I only hit him once but it totally fucked him up. Blood was squirting from his face so hard it shot across the room with each heartbeat. Cindy just fell to the floor not knowing why I had done such a thing. I told Tony and Manual to get the fuck out of my suite before I kill them both.

Only later I learned what I had smoked. Do not abuse this drug this way. You may find it amusing over and over, but one day someone might die in their amusement.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7521
Published: Jun 4, 2003Views: 2,025
Salvia divinorum (44) : Small Group (2-9) (17), What Was in That? (26), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Difficult Experiences (5)